Good Morning All,
I don’t consider myself very sensitive, but I have noticed that during both of my pregnancies people feel very comfortable saying just about anything. I wasn’t going to post about this until yesterday when I was talking to two male coworkers about how stunned they were at the comments their wives received during pregnancy. All I have to say is seriously. Here are some things you might not want to say to a hormonal and pregnant woman.
- Wow, your belly is huge. How about cute? We already feel huge and are well aware of the protruding belly.
- Can you still drive? In other words, do you fit behind the steering wheel.
- Do you fit in a booth? How about do you prefer a booth over a table?
- You are going for #2? It was so miserable being pregnant, it was awful, and on and on. Not sure how to respond to that. But yes we are going for #2, the belly is evidence.
- My kiddos are going to be 20.5 months apart and the comments I get are wow, good luck, are you crazy? Yes, I probably am crazy or will be at some point.
- One girl was telling her friend that she had a low lying uterus and the response was, I know someone that bled to death from that. I’m ending on that note.
Being pregnant, we get a kick out of all the crazy comments, but it makes you wonder what makes people feel so open when talking to a pregnant person.
I hope you all get a good laugh. Have a great day!